Yes, stuffing lol. I don’t know about anyone else, but I LOVE stuffing and will take any excuse I can find to make it. I thought these would make a different addition to the finger foods I am making for the baby shower!
While me and everyone else really enjoyed the Stuffing Ring when I made it for Christmas, I don’t see any reason why we can’t also include these on occasion!
Here are the ingredients I used to make them, such as they are.
In a medium bowl, I mixed together the stuffing mix, cheese, water and margarine and cooked the stuffing according to the package directions.
Once cooked, I allowed it to cool for about 5 – 10 minutes, until I was able to handle it without it burning me and then started to roll the mixture, by the teaspoonful, into balls placing them on my parchment paper lined baking sheet.
And then baked them at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, until they were browned.
And then again, I allowed them to cool completely before bagging and freezing them. At the shower I will put all the hors d’oeuvres on a pan and just reheat them.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Baking Time: 25 minutes Servings: about 24 balls
- 1 box stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp. butter/margarine
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients and stir.
- Cook mixture according to package directions.
- Allow to cool 5 – 10 minutes.
- Shape mixture into balls by the teaspoonful, place on prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Can also be frozen in air tight container or freezer bag until ready to reheat.