Here is another finger food I made for the Baby Shower. They are a little bigger than your usual hors d’oeuvre but will still look nice on the platter with the other hors d’oeuvres when I reheat and serve them! This is also very quick and easy to make!
These are the ingredients I started with.
I began by rolling out the puff pastry into a rectangle, about 8 x 10.
I spread the Dijon mustard to cover the whole thing.
I laid the slices of deli ham over the mustard coated pastry, making sure to cover the entire rectangle.
Next I sprinkled the grated cheese over top of the ham. I used an old cheese. (Sorry about this terrible photo)
And then started to roll it up, cinnamon roll style.
Then I cut it into about 1 inch slices and placed it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
And baked them at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, until the pastry was done and they were nicely browned.
I let them cool on the pan for about 10 minutes before removing them to a plate to finish cooling so I could bag and freeze them.
Ham & Cheese Puff Pastry Pinwheels
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Baking Time: 20 minutes Servings: 24 pinwheels
- 1 box frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 16 slices deli ham
- 1 cup grated old cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Roll our puff pastry into 8 x 10 rectangles. Note: 1 box will make at least 2 rectangles.
- Spread rectangle(s) with mustard.
- Arrange ham slices to entirely cover puff pastry rectangle.
- Sprinkle cheese over ham evenly between 2 rectangles.
- Roll up cinnamon roll style.
- Slice into one inch slices.
- Place on prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes until pastry is cooked and they have browned.
- Serve immediately or allow to fully cool before bagging and freezing.