For dinner one night last week I made what is apparently called a Cheeseburger Bomb. I used crescent rolls to make the outside of the Bomb and they turned out great! They didn’t last very long. What wasn’t consumed at dinner that night, Dillon had for breakfast the next day lol!
Here is what I used to make them.
I combined the ground beef with the packet of onion soup, first amount of grated cheese and the Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl.
I mixed it really well, using both a fork and my hands, and then shaped the mixture into 8 small patties.
I cooked them over medium high heat for about 10 minutes, until both sides were browned and they were cooked through and then removed them to paper towels to drain.
I unrolled the crescent roll dough into 4 pieces per can, pinching edges together where needed.
I started by squirting about a tablespoon of horse radish mayonnaise and then placing a piece of a sandwich dill pickle on each square.
I added one of the cooked patties on top of the pickles and then sprinkled each with grated cheese, about a quarter cup.
And then I wrapped the crescent roll dough around the fillings, pinching where needed to form a ball/bomb.
I baked them at 375 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes until browned.
And served them up with some Oven Baked Fries (recipe to follow) and some spicy ketchup sauce!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 15 – 20 minutes Servings: 8 bombs
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 4 sandwich dill pickles, cut in half
- 8 tbsp. horseradish mayonnaise
- 2 cups grated cheese, divided
- 2 cans/tubes refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, mix together ground beef, onion soup packet, Worcestershire sauce and first amount of grated cheese. Mix well.
- Shape mixture into 8 small patties.
- Cook patties over medium high heat for about 10 minutes, until both sides are browned and cooked through. Set on paper towels to drain.
- Unroll crescent roll dough into 4 squares per tube, pinching edges together where needed.
- In the centre of each square of dough, squeeze one tablespoon of horse radish mayonnaise and on piece of dill pickle.
- Place one patty on top of each pickle piece.
- Tope with second amounts of grated cheese, about 1/4 cup per patty.
- Wrap crescent roll dough around filling to form a ball. Pinch edges together as necessary.
- Bake at 375 for 15 – 20 minutes, until browned.
- Remove from oven and serve.