For Kim’s shower I made this really cute cheese ball shaped like a hedgehog to go with her baby woodland nursery theme!
Here are the ingredients I used.
I began by putting the cream cheese in the bowl of my stand mixer, mixing until creamy.
I added the remaining ingredients and mixed until fully combined.
I greased my hands with cooking spray and shaped the mixture into a hedgehog shape before placing it on the serving platter.
Then I added rows of the almonds to make the spiky fur and used cloves for the eyes and an olive for it’s nose.
I wrapped it up with plastic wrap and let it chill overnight.
When it came time to serve it, I just placed crackers around it on the platter and placed a knife alongside it to spread it on the crackers.
Hedgehog Cheese Ball
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Chilling Time: 12 hours Servings: 1 cheese ball
- 12 oz. Cream cheese
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Parsley
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cloves
- 1 olive for the nose
- Place cream cheese in the bowl of the stand mixer and mix until creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Using greased hands, shape cheese mixture into hedgehog shape.
- Place on serving platter.
- Place almonds in rows around the cheese ball to make the spiky fur.
- Add cloves for the eyes and an olive for it’s nose.
- Chill overnight.
- Serve with crackers.