The other day I was trying to figure out what I wanted to make for dessert. I knew I had some very ripe bananas in the freezer and decided to make a banana bundt cake to have for dessert. This recipe makes a nice moist and delicious cake!
This is what I used to make it.
I began by “mashing” the bananas in the bowl of my stand mixer.
I added the softened margarine and mixed until it was well combined.
Next came the brown and white sugars.
And then I added the eggs, one at a time, along with the vanilla, making sure it was well mixed before adding the flour, baking soda and salt.
I mixed this until I had a smooth batter and then poured it into my well greased bundt pan.
I baked it at 325 degrees for one hour, until it was fully cooked and a toothpick inserted came out clean.
I let it cool about 10 minutes before flipping it onto a plate.
I placed about 1 cup of prepared icing in the microwave for about 60 seconds, until it was starting to get runny and poured it over the cake.
I let the icing set a bit and then cut it to serve!
Banana Bundt Cake
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Baking Time: 1 hour Servings: 8 – 12
- 1 1/3 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup butter/margarine , softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Generously grease bundt pan.
- In bowl of stand mixer, mash bananas.
- Add softened margarine and mix until well combined.
- Pour in both sugars and mix until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, with vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 for about 60 minutes until browned and tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for about 10 minutes then invert onto plate.
- Place icing in microwave safe bowl and cook on high heat for about 30 seconds until it starts to liquefy.
- Pour icing over cake and allow to set.
- Cut into slices and serve.