I made a different take on lasagna for dinner one night last week. I didn’t feel like making a regular lasagna so I made it into rolls!
This is what I used.
To start I boiled the noodles according to the package directions and then browned the ground beef and onions in the microwave on high heat until it was fully cooked and the juices ran clear.
I drained the ground beef and then added all but one cup of the pasta sauce.
I poured about 1/2 cup diced tomatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
Once the lasagna noodles had been cooked and cooled, I laid them on a sheet of parchment paper on the counter to begin the process of filling the rolls.
I mixed the cottage cheese and eggs until smooth and spread that mixture over the lasagna noodles.
I sprinkled the lasagna noodles next with the grated cheese.
And then the ground beef mixture.
I rolled the lasagna noodles up, jelly style, until all of them were rolls and placed them in my aluminum foil lined, greased baking pan.
I took the “leavings” that fell out of the rolls while in the process for rolling them and added it to the remaining pasta sauce and spread this over top of the rolls.
And then sprinkled the tops with the remaining grated cheese and the oregano.
I cooked them at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, until they were heated through and then served!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes Cooking Time: 45 minutes Servings: 4 – 8
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked and cooled
- 1 tub smooth cottage cheese
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 3 eggs
- 1 jar pasta sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, or additional pasta sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups grated cheese, divided
- 2 tsp. oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease.
- Pour diced tomatoes into bottom of pan.
- Brown ground beef and onions in microwave on high heat, until browned and juices run clear.
- Drain ground beef and add all but one cup of pasta sauce.
- Mix cottage cheese with eggs until smooth.
- Lay cooked lasagna noodles on the counter on parchment paper.
- Spread cream cheese mixture, then grated cheese and then ground beef mixture over lasagna noodles.
- Roll noodles up jelly roll style and place in prepared pan.
- Scoop anything left on parchment paper and mix with remaining pasta sauce.
- Pour mixture over all of the rolls evenly.
- Top with remaining grated cheese and oregano.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, until cooked through.