This week I when I was doing my “lunch box snacks” baking I decided to make some Peanut Oatmeal cookies along with S’mores Squares and a different kind of square based on the usual crispy rice square recipe but with a different cereal. I will post this later in the week too!
Here are my ingredients.
The first thing I did was add the butter, peanut butter, brown and white sugars to the bowl of my stand mixer and mixed until creamy.
Next I added the egg and vanilla and mixed until smooth.
The flour, baking soda and salt were next.
And then finally the oatmeal.
I mixed it until well combined.
I dropped it by the tablespoonful onto my parchment paper lined baking pans.
And baked them at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes until they were browned and still a bit soft in the middle. Delicious Peanut Butter Oatmeal cookies for lunches!!!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Baking Time: 10 minutes Servings: 30 – 36 cookies
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cup quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream together butter/margarine, brown sugar, white sugar and peanut butter.
- Add egg and vanilla and continue to mix until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix to combine.
- Next add oatmeal and mix until it is fully combined.
- Drop by the tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, until browned and still a bit soft in the middle.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing to plate.