I bought some taco seasoning when I picked up groceries last week. I really had no idea what I was going to make with it at first. I decided to make a Taco lasagna, using tortillas instead of noodles and salsa and taco seasoning instead of pasta sauce.
It ended up being very delicious!
Here are my ingredients.
I began by browning the ground beef with the onions in the microwave until the beef was browned and the juices ran clear before draining it.
Next I added about a cup of diced tomatoes to the meat.
I spooned about a quarter cup of salsa into the bottom of the baking pan I was using before putting my first layer of tortilla on top of it. I cut the tortillas to fit into the corners of the pan.
I spread half the can of refried beans over the tortilla layer.
Next came a layer of half the ground beef mixture, topped with about half a cup of salsa.
And finally some grated cheese before repeating the layers, ending with grated cheese.
I baked it uncovered at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes, until the cheese was melted and the top was nice and brown.
And then cut it into squares before serving.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 45 minutes Servings: 4
- 6 – 8 flour tortillas
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 can refried beans
- 3 cups grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease baking pan.
- Brown ground beef and onions in microwave on high heat until browned and juices run clear. Drain.
- Add diced tomatoes to ground beef mixture
- Pour 1/4 cup of salsa into bottom of baking pan.
- Arrange tortillas over salsa to cover bottom of pan.
- Spread tortilla layer with half of the refried beans.
- Top with half the ground beef mixture and salsa.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups grated cheese on top.
- Repeat layers, ending with cheese layer.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes, until cheese is melted and browned.
- Cut into squares and serve.