I apologize for not posting yesterday… this week has been absolutely crazy! Luckily I had built up a few posts to get us through most of the week!
Here is an Italian Chicken recipe I made one night for dinner!
These are the ingredients I used to make it.
In a medium-sized bowl I mixed together the bread crumbs and all of the spices.
I rinsed off the chicken and then put it in the bowl of bread crumb mixture, flipping it so both sides were fully coated.
Once fully coated, I place them into a parchment paper lined baking pan and brushed the bottom with olive oil before adding them to the pan. I start cooking them breast side down so they cook juicier.
I cooked them at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, flipping over half way through.
When I removed them from the oven, I spread the pasta sauce over top of the cooked chicken breasts, topping that with the grated Italiano cheese.
And then returned them to the oven for another 10 minutes until the cheese was melted and starting to brown.
I served it with some cooked spagetti noodles mixed with the remaining pasta sauce and more grated Italiano cheese!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 55 minutes Servings: 2
- 2 large chicken breasts, skinless, bone in
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. parsley
- 4 tbsp. pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Italiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and brush the bottom with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs and spices.
- Rinse chicken breasts and place, one at a time, in the crumb mixture turning to evenly coat both sides.
- Place breaded chicken breasts, breast side down, in prepared pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, flipping the chicken breasts half way through.
- When chicken is cooked through and browned, spoon pasta sauce evenly over top of chicken breasts.
- Top with Italiano cheese.
- Return to oven for an additional 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Serve with your favourite pasta and remaining pasta sauce.