Last time I made homemade bread, I decided to try something different. One of these days I am going to make a from scratch sour dough bread but for now I made a bread with sour cream and chives! This is a very simple bread to make with lots of flavour.
I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we enjoyed eating it!
Here are the ingredients I used.
I added all of the ingredients to the bowl of my stand mixer.
Mixed it and then let it knead for about 5 minutes, until I had a smooth, elastic dough.
I placed the dough in a greased bowl, covered it and let it rise for about 1 hour.
After the hour, I shaped it into a loaf in a parchment paper lined loaf pan and let it rise an additional 15 minutes.
I baked it at 375 degrees for 25 minutes and removed it from the oven to let it cool.
I sliced it and served it with dinner.
Sour Cream & Chives Bread
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Rising Time: 1 hour 15 minutes Baking Time: 25 minutes Servings: 1 loaf
- 2/3 cup milk (microwaved 45 seconds)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 2 1/2 tsp. yeast
- In bowl of stand mixer, add all ingredients and mix to form a ball, dough should be coming away from sides of bowl.
- Knead for 5 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in greased bowl, covered, for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Shape dough into loaf shape and place in prepared loaf pan.
- Allow to rise an additional 15 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees until cooked through and top is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from pan and slicing.