Yesterday must have been a “Skillet” cooking day. I made bread for dinner in the skillet and then made this Giant Skillet “Brookie” recipe for dessert.
I am not sure it actually is a recipe, it is more a collaboration of two of our favourite treat recipes… My Favourite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and my favourite Brownie recipe, combined to make this delicious Brookie!
Here are the ingredients I used to make both recipes to combine.
I made the brownie recipe first.
I started by creaming together the butter and white sugar in the bowl of my stand mixer.
Next I added the 2 eggs and the vanilla and mixed until smooth, before adding the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt, mixing until fully combined.
I poured the brownie batter into my prepared 12 inch skillet and set aside until I made the cookie dough.
Now it was time to make the cookie dough….
I creamed together the butter and brown sugar.
Then added the eggs and vanilla, mixing until smooth, before adding the flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
I spooned the prepared cookie dough into the centre of the skillet on top of the brownie batter.
And baked it at 375 degrees for about a half hour, until it was browned and cookie dough was fully cooked in the middle… still soft so it would be chewy but no longer “wet” looking.
I allowed it to fully cool before cutting it into slices….
And I served it for dessert with a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream!
Giant Skillet “Brookie”
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Baking Time: 30 minutes Servings: 8 – 12
For Brownies – See Fudgy Chocolate Brownies Recipe
For Chocolate Chips Cookie Dough – See My Favourite Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 12 inch cast iron skillet.
- Prepare brownie batter according to recipe directions.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared cast iron skillet. Set aside.
- Prepare chocolate chip cookie dough according to recipe directions.
- Spoon prepared cookie dough into the middle of the brownie batter in the skillet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes, until cookie centre is browned, brownie batter is fully cooked and the cookie centre is fully cooked but still soft enough to be chewy.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into slices.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.