Who doesn’t love roast potatoes? Especially when they are crispy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside?
These potatoes take two steps to make but using the microwave for the first step speeds up the process!
Here are the ingredients I started with.
I began by washing, peeling and cubing the potatoes, then placing them in a large microwave safe bowl.
I covered the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and microwaved them on high heat for about 10 minutes, removing to stir the potatoes at the halfway point.
The potatoes should be starting to get a sort of mushy look on the outside.
Next I added the olive oil, garlic powder and onion powder to the bowl.
And stirred it to completely coat all of the potatoes.
I spread them in a single layer on my parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
And baked them at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, flipping them part way through, until they were brown and crispy.
Don’t they look delicious??
Crispy Roast Potatoes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Baking Time: 25 minutes Servings: 2 – 4
- 6 – 8 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash, peel and cube potatoes and place in large microwave safe bowl.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Microwave potatoes on high heat for about 10 minutes, stirring at halfway point.
- Add olive oil, garlic powder and onion powder and stir to evenly coat all the potatoes.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes until potatoes are brown and crispy.