We love pierogi. Our usual method is to make Loaded Pierogi but I wanted to try something different when I made them last time. No, I did not make the actual pierogi… one of these days I will make a batch to freeze again… but they were still delicious cooked this way!
Here are my ingredients.
I layered the pierogi in the bottom of my 9 x 13 baking pan in a single layer.
Then I mixed up the “sauce.”
I put the cream, sour cream, first amount of cheese and chopped dill in a medium bowl… and mixed it to combine.
I poured it over top of the pierogi in the pan and then topped it with the second amount of grated cheese and the green onions.
And baked it at 350 degrees, covered with aluminum foil, for 25 minutes and then an additional 10 minutes… after I removed the foil.
Then served them with some maple pork chops and veggies! They were delicious!
Cheesy Dill Pierogi Casserole
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 35 minutes Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 package frozen pierogi, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tbsp. chopped dill
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Place pierogi in a single layer in the bottom of the baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream, sour cream, first amount of cheese and the chopped dill. Mix to combine.
- Pour mixture evenly over pierogi.
- Top with green onions and second amount of grated cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook covered for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.