I have been meaning to try a chicken and feta burger for the boys for ages. Last week I bought some ground chicken and some feta crumbles so that I could try it this week.
I made the burgers with the feta, some chopped curly parsley, basil and a few other things before smothering them in a last minute experiment making some Tzatziki Mayonnaise, topped with a few sliced tomatoes… and placed everything in some buttered garlic buns. The ingredients for the mayonnaise aren’t in my picture because as I said above it was a last minute decision to try it but I will include a quick recipe for it at the bottom of this post!
I have to say the boys loved them! In between stuffing the burgers in his mouth, Chris kept telling me how good they were lol! He especially liked the Tzatziki Mayonnaise I made to go on them!
Here are my ingredients, other than what I used for the Tzatziki Mayonnaise.
In a large bowl, I mixed together the ground chicken, egg, crumbled feta, panko crumbs, basil and Worcestershire sauce, mixing until all the ingredients were evenly distributed.
I divided the meat mixture into 4 “patties” and placed them on a plate with parchment paper, wrapped it in plastic wrap and placed them in the fridge until it was time to cook them. This is something you could make ahead in the morning and then bring out when it’s time to cook them.
When it was time to actually cook dinner, I placed the 4 patties in a large frying pan and cooked them over medium high heat for about 10 minutes each side and then lowered the heat to medium for another 5 minutes to ensure they were cooked through.
Optional: While they were cooking, I spread some butter and garlic powder on some hamburger buns and put them in the oven to toast for about 5 minutes.
I spread the Tzatziki Mayonnaise on both sides of the toasted buns, placed a few tomato slices on the buns and then finally placed the patties on each bun.
I put the lids on the buns and there we have it…. Juicy Chicken Burgers with Feta Cheese!
Juicy Chicken Burgers with Feta Cheese
Preparation Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 25 minutes Servings: 4
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped curly parsley
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 large egg
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until fully combined.
- Divide meat mixture into 4 pieces and shape into patties.
- Cook patties in the frying pan, browning for 10 minutes per side before lowering heat to medium for an additional 5 minutes to ensure they are cooked through.
- Optional: Toast buns in oven after spreading with butter and garlic powder.
- Place burgers on toasted buns.
- Top with Tzatziki mayonnaise and tomato slices.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- 1/2 cup shredded cucumber
- Place all ingredients in small bowl and stir until combined.
- Spread on chicken or your favourite burger for a different taste combination!