When I was making the Chicken Burgers the other night, I also decided to try my hand at making Mashed potato muffins to go with it. We love mashed potatoes and finding another way to enjoy them is just a bonus in this house. Add some garlic and cheese into the mixture and it is a sure winner for us!
These would be great to make and freeze as individual portions for a quick side dish to any meal!
Here are my ingredients. All of them this time lol!
I started by washing, peeling and cooking my potatoes as outlined in my Microwave Mashed Potatoes post, without adding the cheese…. yet.
I mixed in the milk, butter, garlic powder, cheese and chopped curly parsley and continued to mash the potatoes until the cheese melted and everything was well blended.
I was using a large muffin tin, so I divided the potato mixture evenly between the 6 muffin tin cups.
Then sprinkled the tops with the second amount of grated cheese.
I baked them at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, until the cheese on top was melted and they started to form a bit of a crust. (Note: I think next time I make these I will cook them a bit longer because they were a little difficult to get out of the pan because the mashed potato at the bottom hadn’t fully formed the crust)
I removed them from the pan and served them!
Mashed Potato “Muffins”
Preparation Time: 25 minutes Cooking Time: 30 – 45 minutes Servings: 6
- About 6 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter/margarine
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. chopped curly parsley
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, for the tops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease muffin tin cups.
- Prepare mashed potatoes, by boiling or microwave method.
- Add milk, butter, garlic powder, curly parsley and first amount of grated cheese.
- Continue mashing until cheese is melted and ingredients are well mixed.
- Divide potato mixture evenly between muffin tin cups.
- Top with second amount of grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Remove from muffin tin and serve.
- Note: If using a 12 cup muffin tin, I would lessen the cooking time.