I am back! After almost 3 days with no power thanks to the wind storm we had, we have power and I am back to posting!
This is how we spent Sunday lol…. other than sitting around reading or anything else, we ended up cleaning up all the debris from the storm and having a big burn to get rid of it!
Yesterday I got back to the kitchen and made a few things to post! One being these PB & Chocolate Cereal Bars!
Here are the ingredients I used.
I measured out the cereal and then added the peanut butter, margarine, chocolate chips and maple syrup to a large microwave safe bowl.
I microwaved it on high for about 3 minutes, stirring every minute until it was melted and smooth.
I added the premeasured cereal to the chocolate mixture and stirred to fully coat before pouring the chocolate and cereal mixture into a parchment paper lined 9 x 13 baking pan.
I let it chill in the fridge for about 2 hours before cutting it into squares.
PB & Chocolate Cereal Bars
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Chilling Time: 2 hours Servings: 24 squares
- 1 box/6 cups rice cereal
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine
- 2 cups peanut butter
- Line 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Measure out cereal and set aside.
- In large microwave safe bowl add chocolate chips, maple syrup, butter/margarine and peanut butter.
- Microwave chocolate mixture on high heat for about 3 minutes, stirring every minute until melted and smooth.
- Add premeasured cereal to chocolate mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour into prepared 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Chill in fridge 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!