As I mentioned in my Cucumber & Radish salad post the other day, I was gifted a new Spiralizer for Mother’s Day so I have been trying to come up with different things to try. After the salad I wanted to try something other than salad and the curly fries are what I ended up with.
The spirals/curly fries are quick to make and bake up quick and crisp in the oven!
This is what I used to make them… plus my Spiralizer of course!
I put the potatoes through the Spiralizer… taking the time to cut the long “curls” so there wasn’t just 5 or 6 really long curly fries.
Tossed them, by hand, with the olive oil.
Added the spices and again using my hands, mixed the spices in until all of the fries were evenly coated.
I spread them in a single layer (they cook crispier this way) on parchment paper lined baking sheets, it did take two sheets to keep them in a mostly single layer.
And then I baked them on the bottom rack of the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, flipping them once at the half way point until the fries were cooked evenly and crispy.
Here are the fresh from the oven Crispy Curly Fries!
“Spiralizer” Crispy Curly Fries (Baked)
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Baking Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
- 6 – 8 medium potatoes, washed and peeled
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Run washed and peeled potatoes through the Spiralizer, making sure to cut into smaller curls.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil.
- Add spices and using hands, toss to evenly coat potato curls.
- Spread in a single layer on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, flipping at the half way point, until potatoes are evenly crisped.