Here is another one of the salads I made to have with dinner on Sunday. A nice cool side dish for a very hot day! It pairs great with any dinner but especially when you are cooking on the grill!
These are my ingredients for making this salad.
I cooked the macaroni noodles according to the package directions, drained them and then let them sit in cold water for about 10 minutes.
While they were cooking I peeled and chopped the eggs and then chopped the green onions.
I drained the cold water from the noodles and added the egg, green onions, drained canned tuna, dill and grated cheese and stirred to combine.
In a medium bowl I combined the mayonnaise, dill pickle juice, relish, vinegar and mustard and whisked to make the dressing.
I added the dressing to the noodle mixture and stirred until evenly distributed, sprinkled the second amount of dill on top, making a nice creamy macaroni salad!
Creamy Macaroni Salad
Preparation Time: 25 minutes Cooking Time (noodles): 15 minutes Servings: 4 – 6
- 3 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 3 eggs, boiled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 can tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. dill pickle juice
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. green relish
- 2 tsp. dill
- Cook macaroni noodles according to package directions, drain and then let sit in cold water for 10 minutes before draining again.
- Peel and chop eggs.
- Add egg, green onions, tuna and grated cheddar to pot with macaroni noodles, stir to combine.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, pickle juice, mustard, vinegar and green relish to make dressing.
- Add dressing to pot with noodle mixture and stir until noodles are fully coated.
- Chill 2 hours before serving.