With the hot weather here already, it is nice to have a frozen treat or two ready to beat the heat. These popsicles are very flavourful and almost drip free which is great when making them for the little ones! I can remember my ex mother-in-law making these every summer for my kids and their cousins. The kids (and adults) loved them! It was that memory that prompted me to make them yesterday.
I also made my version of Iced Coffee yesterday, another great treat on a hot day!
There are only 3 ingredients to make these…. well 3 ingredients plus water!
I made mine in a really big measuring cup because it is much easier to actually hit the popsicle molds with it than a bowl!
I started by whisking together the Jello powder, Kool-Aid powder and sugar.
I added 2 cups boiling water and mixed it for about 2 minutes, making sure the sugars and powders were fully dissolved, before adding the 2 cups of cold water.
I poured the mixture into my clean popsicle molds….
Put the handles onto the molds and then placed them in the freezer until they were fully set before enjoying them!
A quick and easy summer time treat!
Jello & Kool-Aid Popsicles
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Freezing Time: 3 – 5 hours Servings: 12 popsicles
- 1 box flavoured Jello
- 1 package, unsweetened Kool-Aid
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- Wash and dry popsicle molds.
- In large measuring cup, whisk together Jello powder, Kool-Aid powder and sugar until combined.
- Add the 2 cups boiling water, whisk until powders and sugar are dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Add the 2 cups cold water and mix to combined.
- Pour mixture into clean popsicle molds.
- Freeze until set, about 3 – 5 hours.
- Remove from mold and enjoy!