The other day I pulled out my burger stuffer/maker that Dillon bought for me at Christmas. I have posted a recipe using it earlier with my stuffed taco burgers. This time I chose to use ground turkey and stuffed them with pizza sauce, mozzarella and basil.
“The boys” both loved them… Chris told me I can make them again whenever and however many times I want lol!
These are the ingredients used to make the burgers.
I mixed the ground turkey with the Italian seasoning and basil until it was well combined.
I divided the meat mixture into 8 balls, 2 for each burger… a top and a bottom for stuffing.
I pressed one ball into the base of my burger maker using the attachment that allows for stuffing them.
I filled the middle with 3 tsp. pizza sauce each and cubed mozzarella before sprinkling it with basil… just a pinch.
I placed a second ball on top of the filling and pressed down with the burger maker to seal.
I put them on a parchment paper lined plate and refrigerated them until I was ready to cook them.
This time I cooked them in my frying pan, over medium high heat, about 10 minutes per side until they were fully cooked and both sides were browned.
I topped the burgers with another tsp. of pizza sauce and some grated mozzarella, allowing the cheese to melt before placing them on buns and serving them.
Next time we may try cooking them on the grill!
Pizza Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4 burgers
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup of cubed mozzarella
- 4 tsp. pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- In a large bowl combine ground turkey, Italian seasoning and first amount of basil until well mixed.
- Shape into 8 even balls.
- Press one ball into base of burger maker, using stuffing attachment.
- Spoon 3 tsp. pizza sauce into each burger base indent.
- Place a quarter of the cubed mozzarella on top of the pizza sauce and sprinkle with basil, just a pinch.
- Place second ball on top of stuffing and press to seal burger.
- Place in frying pan and cook over medium high heat for about 10 minutes per side until cooked through and both sides are browned.
- Top with remaining pizza sauce and sprinkle burgers with grated mozzarella.
- Allow cheese to fully melt and place on buns.