I prepared this for dinner last night. I started grilling them but thankfully Chris finished. I love to cook but for some reason I hate Bbqing. I love preparing things to cook on the grill but not the actual grilling… go figure lol!
Both Chris and Dillon ate 2 big pork chops with this marinade and Chris said they cooked well in it and the flavour carried through after grilling. Maybe I will have to try this marinade on chicken sometime soon!
Here are the ingredients.
I whisked all the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl until combined.
Placed the pork chops in a large freezer bag and poured in the marinade.
I closed the bag and sort of smooshed the pork chops around in the bag to fully coat all the chops before placing it in the fridge to marinate for about 5 – 6 hours, flipping the bag every so often to make sure all of the chops were evenly marinated.
And we grilled them over medium high heat for about 10 – 15 minutes per side. This will vary depending on how thick your pork chops are. Ours were almost an inch thick so it took the full 15 minutes a side.
Grilled Pork Chops with Balsamic Dijon Marinade
Preparation Time: 5 minutes Grilling Time: 20 – 30 minutes Servings: 2 – 4
- 4 large pork chops
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- Whisk all marinade ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Place pork chops in large freezer bag and pour marinade in the bag.
- Seal and smoosh the pork chops around to full coat them.
- Let marinate in fridge for about 5 – 6 hours, flipping every hour or two.
- Grill on medium high heat about 10 – 15 minutes per side, dependent on thickness of pork chops, until fully cooked.