I thought I would give another Spiralizer recipe a go the other night. Chris took one look at it on his plate and asked “What is that” lol? He tried and both he and Dillon really liked it. I think it had something to do with all the melted cheese but they ate it regardless of why!
Here are my ingredients. I forgot to take a picture before I spiralized the zucchini lol!
If you haven’t already done so like me, spiralize your zucchini.
In a frying pan, add the chopped/sliced onions and butter and let fry for a few minutes over medium high heat.
Next, add the thyme, sugar and Worcestershire sauce to the pan.
Add the broth……
And let simmer over medium low heat for about 10 minutes.
Pour the onion mixture into the zucchini noodles and stir well.
Pour the zucchini and onion mixture into your prepared baking pan.
Top with the grated cheese.
And bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes…. uncovered, then serve.
French Onion Zucchini Noodles Casserole
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Baking Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter/margarine
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 6 x 8 pan.
- Spiralize zucchini. Set aside.
- In frying pan, add onions and butter, cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add thyme, sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Add broth and let simmer over medium low heat for about 1o minutes.
- Pour onion mixture into zucchini noodles and stir well.
- Pour zucchini into prepared baking pan.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.