Since I had some pretty good luck making my Pork Sausages as a first time attempt, I decided to give it another go. This time I made some buffalo chicken sausages. Apparently I made them quite spicy, unknowingly, but they were still eaten. Dillon especially likes spicy foods lol!
This is what I used to make them…. than and the grinder/sausage stuffer/pasta maker Dillon bought for me.
I cubed and then ground up all of the chicken breasts.
Added the remaining ingredients and mixed well.
Got the sausage casing fed onto the stuffer and got started making the chicken mixture into sausages!
I used 4 lbs. of chicken breasts and I ended up making 2 dozen sausages! That is a good 6 meals in this house but we will be grilling these and some of the other ones I froze at our Father’s Day BBQ on Saturday!
I froze the ones I wasn’t cooking that night in large freezer bags. When it comes time to actually cook them, they can be cooked in the oven until cooked through, on the grill and in the frying pan… the choice is yours!
Buffalo Chicken Sausages
Preparation Time: 1 hour Cooking Time: See Below Servings: 12
- 4 lbs. chicken breasts
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Cube chicken breasts and send them through the grinder.
- Mix remaining ingredients into ground chicken.
- Stir to fully combine.
- Feed sausage casing onto end of sausage stuffing attachment of grinder.
- Start the stuffing process.
- Cook immediately on grill, in oven, or frying pan, until fully cooked through.
- Store any uncooked sausages in large freezer bag in freezer until ready to use.