Yes, again with the Spiralizer lol! I can’t help myself. There are so many different recipes that can be altered to use spiralized vegetables with…. fruits too!
This time I made a potato side dish with lots of melted cheese, onions and garlic. And it was delicious! It is very similar to the Zucchini Casserole I made the other day but substituting the thyme for basil and using potatoes instead!
These are my ingredients.
To begin, I put the chopped green onions in the frying pan with the olive oil and cooked them over medium high heat for about 2 minutes.
I added the minced garlic and cooked it for another full minute.
I removed it from the heat and added the beef broth, stirring to mix everything in.
I spiralized my potatoes….
Poured the onion mixture in and mixed to fully coat the potatoes.
I put half of the potatoes in the bottom of my prepared 9 x 13 inch baking pan and topped it with half of the grated cheese and basil.
I repeated this process, sprinkled the top with the parmesan and then baked it at 400 degrees, covered, for about 45 minutes, until the potatoes were starting to crisp!
And this is how the potatoes look straight from the oven!
Spiralized Potato Side Dish
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Baking Time: 45 minutes Servings: 4 – 6
- 6 – 8 medium potatoes, washed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 2 tsp. basil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Place chopped onion in frying pan with olive oil.
- Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Remove from heat, add beef broth and stir.
- Spiralize potatoes into curly ribbons.
- Pour onion mixture into potatoes and stir to evenly coat potatoes.
- Place half of the potatoes in the bottom of prepared pan.
- Top with half the grated cheese and basil.
- Repeat layer and top with grated parmesan.
- Bake, covered, at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.