Yes, it’s a strange name but a cool meal that the kids (of all ages) will love! A burger, wrapped around cheese, in the shape of a hot dog. How much better does it get?
This is an easy, fun recipe that you can cook on the grill, in a frying pan or in the oven!
Here are the ingredients I used. You can add whatever condiments you like when serving.
I mixed the ground beef with the salt and pepper, garlic powder and onion powder before separating the beef into 4 balls and making a large “patty” out of it. I placed a cheese string across the middle…
And then shape the beef around the cheese string to form a log.
I repeated this process until all four balls had been rolled.
It was really windy here when it came time to cook these, so I popped them in the oven at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes before placing them on hot dog buns and letting the boys put their condiments on.
Chris had spicy mustard on his! You can see the melted cheese in the middle starting to drizzle out of one end… a nice surprise with each bite!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 40 minutes Servings: 4
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp.. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cheese strings
- 4 hot dog buns
- condiments, optional
- If cooking in oven, as I did, preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Separate beef into 4 balls.
- Flatten each ball into a patty and lay a cheese string across the middle.
- Shape beef around cheese string to form a log/dog.
- Repeat process with remaining 3 balls of beef.
- Place in parchment paper lined baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Serve on hot dog buns with your favourite condiments.