Here is a fruit salad I made for Father’s Day to have with the fishing themed cupcakes Kim made and brought for everyone!
Fruit salads are very refreshing as dessert, especially on hot days!
Here are my ingredients.
I washed, peeled, sliced and added all the fruits to a large bowl.
In a small bowl, I combined the lime juice, brown sugar and orange juice and whisked to combine.
I poured the brown sugar mixture over the prepared fruit and mixed until it was fully coated.
Serve immediately or place covered in fridge until ready to eat.
Summer Fruits Salad
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Servings: 6 – 8
- 1 package, 2 lb. strawberries
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 cup green seedless grapes
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 kiwi
- 1 navel orange
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Wash, peel, slice, hull fruits and place in large bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk together orange juice, lime juice and brown sugar.
- Pour brown sugar mixture over top of prepared fruit and stir to evenly coat.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge until ready to eat!