I saw a few recipes like this on Pinterest and it looked delicious so I changed the recipe to take advantage of the ingredients I had on hand and came up with my own version of this pie and it is DELICIOUS!!! It is very sweet so you can only eat a small piece at a time but it is worth every little bite!
Here are my ingredients.
I started by making my graham crust by mixing together the graham crumbs, brown sugar and melted margarine and pressing the mixture into my pie plate. I let the crust chill in the fridge while I started on the filling.
In a microwave safe bowl, I added the unwrapped caramels and 1 tbsp. milk and cooked it on high heat for about 1 minute until the caramels melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
When it was melted, I stirred in the peanuts and 1/8 tsp. sea salt.
I poured the caramel mixture into the prepared pie crust and returned it to the fridge while I went on to the next step.
For the next step, I placed the chocolate chips and peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl and melted it on high heat, it took about 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
I poured this over top of the caramel layer….
And then sprinkled the chopped peanuts over top before placing it in the fridge to set, about 1 hour, before cutting it into slices for dessert!
Salted Caramel “Snickers” Pie
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Chill Time: 1 hour Servings: 1 pie/12 slices
- 1 1/2 cups graham crumbs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted margarine/butter
- 50 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tbsp. milk/cream
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- Mix together graham crumbs, brown sugar and melted margarine until crumbly.
- Press into pie plate. Place in fridge while preparing fillings.
- In microwave safe bowl melt caramels with milk on high heat until melted, about 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Stir in peanuts and pour mixture into prepared crust. Place in fridge to chill while making next layer.
- In microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and peanut butter.
- Melt over high heat, about 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Pour over caramel layer.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top of chocolate layer.
- Chill until set, about 1 hour.
- Cut into slices and serve.