Yes, this is way different that what we would normally post but I made them the other day and thought I would share this recipe with all of you dog lovers out there!
It is quick and easy to make and our dogs absolutely LOVED them!
This is all that’s needed to make these.
I cut the ends and sliced the sweet potato to about 1/4 inch thick before placing them in a large bowl.
I stirred in the olive oil, mixing to make sure they are evenly coated and placed them on a parchment paper lined baking pan before sprinkling them with a bit of cinnamon.
I needed 2 baking pans for the amount of sweet potato I sliced!
Then I baked them at 250 degrees for about 3 – 3 1/2 hours until dried out.
I let them cool before letting the dogs taste test them and then placed them in an air tight container where they will keep for about 2 – 4 weeks!
And that’s it… delicious, good for you dog treats with lots of good for them nutrients for the dogs to enjoy!
Sweet Potato Dog Treats
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 3 – 3 1/2 hours Servings: 1 container dog treats
- 5 sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line baking pan(s) with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove ends from sweet potatoes and slice, each slice being about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place in large bowl and mix in olive oil, stirring until evenly coated.
- Place on baking sheet and then sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 250 degrees for about 3 – 3 1/2 hours until dried out.
- Allow to cool and place in air tight container.
- They should last 2 – 4 weeks and can be kept in fridge.