I love oatmeal…. and peanut butter for that matter… so I thought, why not combine the two into a delicious lunch box snack. This makes for a mostly healthy, moist square you are sure to enjoy!
You could add chocolate chips, or nuts, or raisins, or whatever you like to these squares but I just left them as is.
These are my ingredients.
I melted the margarine in the microwave on high heat in a medium bowl for about 40 seconds, until it was almost fully melted. I added the peanut butter to the margarine and stirred to melt the peanut butter.
I added the peanut butter/margarine mixture into a big bowl with the remaining ingredients and stirred to fully combine the ingredients.
I poured the mixture into a parchment paper lined 9 x 13 baking pan.
And baked it at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, until it was browned and cooked through.
I let it cool completely and then cut it into squares to add to the lunch boxes!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Squares
Preparation Time: 5 minutes Baking Time: 45 minutes Servings: 24 squares
- 1/2 cup butter/ margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In small microwave safe bowl, melt margarine on high heat for about 40 seconds, until it’s almost fully melted.
- Stir peanut butter into melted margarine and stir until smooth.
- Add peanut butter mixture to a large bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Stir until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, until fully browned and cooked through.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares.