Yesterday I thought I would try a different marinade for the pork chops I was planning to make for dinner. I mixed up a really nice marinade and let the pork chops sit in it for 6 hours.
They were definitely a two thumbs up from “the boys!”
I know this looks like a whole lot of ingredients, but it’s worth dragging them all out of the cupboard!
I whisked all the ingredients for the marinade in a large measuring cup.
Next I placed the pork chops in a large baggie and poured the marinade in with them. I shook the bag around, making sure the chops were fully coated before sealing the bag.
I left the pork chops to sit in the marinade for about 6 hours.
I cooked them on the bbq for about 10 minutes a side.
And served them with some Cheesy Garlic and Dill potatoes (recipe to follow tomorrow)
Marinated Pork Chops
Preparation Time: 5 minutes Marinating Time: 6 hours Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 4 – 6 pork chops, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- Place all marinade in a large measuring cup and whisk to combine.
- Place pork chops in a large freezer bag.
- Pour marinade into the bag, seal and shake to evenly coat pork chop.
- Let sit in fridge for about 6 hours.
- Grill marinated pork chops on the grill over medium heat for about 10 minutes per side.