No, this isn’t really a summer recipe, but it is nice to just throw something in the crock pot earlier in the day and know you will have a delicious dinner waiting for you when it’s time to eat with minimal effort on your part.
This quick and easy dinner makes for a good stick to your ribs, comfort winter time food but it was just as good on a cooler day this time of year!
These are the ingredients I used… at least I hope I remembered to include them all in the pictures!
I started off by washing and cubing the potatoes and placing them in the frying pan with the chopped green onion and a few tbsp. of olive oil to precook them a little. I find that sometimes potatoes don’t cook enough in the crock pot.
While the potatoes were cooking I browned the ground beef in the microwave until it was fully browned and juices ran clear, then drained it and stirred in the garlic powder.
Next I whisked together both types of soup in a medium bowl and set aside.
I placed the precooked potato and onion in the bottom of my greased crock pot bowl.
Sprinkled the browned ground beef over the potatoes.
Topped it with the peas…
I added the soup mixture to the crock pot and stirred to fully coat everything.
Sprinkled it with 1 cup of the grated cheese…
And cooked it on low for about 6 hours.
Ten minutes before serving I sprinkled the second cup of grated cheese and let it melt on top.
Then I scooped it onto plates for the boys to enjoy for dinner. Both of them loved it and look forward to having it again!
Hamburger Hash – in the Crock Pot
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 6 hours Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 5 or 6 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can cream of mushroom condensed soup
- 1 can cheddar cheese condensed soup
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups grated cheese, divided
- Grease crock pot bowl with cooking spray.
- Wash and cube potatoes and add to frying pan with olive oil and chopped onion.
- Fry potatoes until they are starting to soften and brown. Remove from heat.
- Brown ground beef in microwave until browned and juices run clear. Drain and mix in garlic powder.
- In medium bowl, whisk together both types of soup.
- Place precooked potatoes in bottom of crock pot bowl.
- Top with ground beef and then frozen peas
- Add soup mixture and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of grated cheese on top.
- Cook on low heat for about 6 hours.
- 10 minutes before serving sprinkle remaining amount of grated cheese and let it melt.
- Serve with salad and a nice loaf of bread.