We had a fairly mild day a couple of weeks ago so I choose to make a casserole for dinner. I know casseroles are generally considered winter comfort food but some days it is nice to do all of my prep in the morning and just have to throw a casserole dish in the oven come dinner time. All the dishes from preparing the meal are done and it makes for a quick dinner time!
Here are my ingredients…. except for the cream of chicken soup…. because, well, I forgot to add it to the picture. I know, what’s new lol?
I diced the chicken into about 1 inch pieces. I cut it while it was still slightly frozen to make it easier to dice.
I placed the diced chicken in a large freezer bag with the flour and ranch dressing mix and shook the bag to evenly coat the chicken.
And placed the chicken and minced garlic in a frying pan with a few tbsp. of olive oil, fully cooking the chicken.
In a microwave safe bowl, I melted the margarine and then added the milk and parmesan, cooking it on high heat until it started to thicken.
I cooked the bacon in the microwave on high heat until it was crispy before chopping it, and cooked the noodles as per the package directions.
I added the chicken, sauce, crumbled bacon, grated cheese and a can of cream of chicken soup to the drained noodles.
Mixed it together and poured it into my prepared roasting pan before sprinkling it with the second amount of grated cheese.
Then baked it at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes to heat through.
And served it with bread and a nice salad.
Ranch Chicken and Bacon Casserole
Preparation Time: 25 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4 – 6
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups, diced chicken
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Ranch dressing mix
- 6 cups cooked rotini
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter/margarine
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup milk or cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease baking pan.
- To make sauce, melt butter in microwave on high heat.
- Add in heavy cream, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper to melted margarine and cook on high heat until thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Cook bacon in microwave on high heat until crispy and then crumble.
- Dice chicken and add to large freezer bag with flour and ranch dressing mix. Shake to fully coat chicken.
- Add chicken to frying pan with minced garlic and olive oil and cook over medium high heat until cooked through.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- Add chicken, sauce, bacon, cream of chicken soup and first about of grated cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve immediately with bread and salad.