Here is a recipe for some nice hazelnut flavoured chocolate chip cookie bars. They are nice and crispy on the outside and soft in the centre.
I had some leftover Nutella from when I made this Nutella Cheesecake. They are a great chocolate fix when you feel the need!
These are the ingredients I used… well, I did forget to include the margarine and salt in the picture…. imagine that!
In the bowl of my stand mixer, I creamed together the margarine, Nutella, eggs and vanilla until smooth before adding the flour, corn starch, baking soda and salt.
I added the chocolate chips and just mixed until they were evenly distributed.
I spread the mixture evenly into my parchment paper lined 9 x 13 baking pan.
And baked it at 350 degrees for about 20 – 25 minutes until the edges were browned and the centre was cooked.
I let it cool for about 15 minutes before cutting into squares!
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Baking Time: 20 – 25 minutes Servings: 32 bars/squares
- ½ cup butter/margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 21 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 package milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, nutella, sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla in the bowl of stand mixer until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and corn starch, mix until well blended.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until well distributed.
- Spread the dough evenly into prepared baking pan.
- Let cool 15 minutes in pan before cutting into squares.