We don’t generally make our tacos using chicken so I decided to change things up a bit last week and not only make taco boats instead of using regular taco shells, I used chicken and buffalo sauce to make these.
Chris ended up burning the inside of his mouth getting into them too quickly but both of “the boys” ate 4 each and then Dillon finished off the last 4 the next day for lunch. That to me is a hit lol!
Here are my ingredients, except for the margarine. What would one of my posts be without at least one ingredient being missing from the first picture 😦 ?
To begin, I melted the tbsp. of margarine and mixed it with 2 tbsp. of the buffalo sauce and brushed it on the inside of the taco bowls before putting them in the oven for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
I had already cooked extra chicken breasts the day before, knowing I was going to make these, so I only had to shred it before I started with the filling.
I mixed the shredded chicken together with the sour cream, buffalo sauce, hot sauce, green onion and ranch dressing, mixing to fully combine the ingredients.
I divided the filling evenly between all of the taco bowls.
And then topped each “bowl” with some shredded Monterey jack cheese.
And then baked them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, until the filling was heated through and the cheese had melted.
Then served them with some summer veggie spagetti! A definite do over dish!
Buffalo Chicken Taco Bowls
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Baking Time: 5 + 20 minutes Servings: 12 bowls
- 1 tbsp. butter/margarine, melted
- 4 tbsp. buffalo sauce, divided
- 3 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 package (12) Taco Boats
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups (2 chicken breasts) cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/5 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together 2 tbsp. buffalo sauce with melted margarine and brush taco bowls with this mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix together shredded chicken, green onions, hot sauce, remaining buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and sour cream and mix well to combine.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly between taco bowls.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes until filling is heated through and cheese is melted.