I don’t know why I’ve never posted an air fryer recipe yet. Dillon bought me one, for my birthday I think. It took a few tries to get the French fries down pat… I either over cooked them, undercooked them or they were just tasteless…until the other day lol.
All it took was some olive oil and a few spices, cooking them at the right temperature and we had some delicious fries to go with the Burgers I made the other night!!!
Here are the ingredients I used to make them.
I set my air fryer to preheat at 400 degrees while I washed and cut the potatoes into “fries,” trying to make sure they were all pretty much the same size/width. I didn’t peel mine because we like them with the skin on but you can peel them if that’s how you prefer yours. I then placed the cut potatoes in a large freezer bag.
I poured the olive oil and all the spices into the bag with the potatoes and shook the bag until all the potatoes were fully coated.
Once the air fryer was up to temperatures I poured the fries into the fryer bowl and cooked them at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, stopping it every 10 minutes to shake the fries around so they were evenly cooked. And that’s it. We ended up with some crispy on the outside, soft in the middle, very flavourful French fries!!!
Air Fryer – French Fries
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
- 6 – 8 medium potatoes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Wash and cut potatoes into fry shape, trying to make them uniform in size and width.
- Add olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to bag and shape to evenly coat the potatoes.
- Pour fries into preheated air fryer bowl.
- Cook at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, until potatoes are crispy on the outside and cooked through, stopping every 10 minutes to shake the bowl to ensure the fries cook evenly.
- Pour onto plate and enjoy.