Yes, I do know it sounds weird but it certainly makes up for it in taste. I don’t know about anyone else but anything dill pickle is awesome in my books. Dill pickles have always been a staple in our house, my kids actually teethed on them lol, and still love them to this day. Being able to bake them into a loaf of cheesy bread, well that is just another wonderful way to enjoy them!
While this is a baking soda bread (not my favourite type of bread to make) it was worth taking a chance away from my usual yeast breads!
These are the ingredients required to make the bread.
In the bowl of my stand mixer, I mixed together the oil, sour cream, sugar and eggs until smooth.
Next I added the flour, salt, baking powder, dill pickle juice and dill weed and mixed to from a dough.
I added 3/4 cup of grated cheese and chopped dill pickle to the bowl and mixed until they were well dispersed throughout the dough.
I spread the mixture into my parchment paper lined loaf pan and sprinkled the remaining grated cheese on top.
And baked it at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until a toothpick came out clean.
I let it cool for about 10 minutes and then sliced it to serve. It is DELICIOUS!!!
Cheesy Dill Pickle Bread
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Baking Time: 45 minutes Servings: 1 loaf
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. pickle juice
- 1/2 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 2 tbsp. dill weed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer, mix together sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs and sugar until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, dill weed and dill pickle juice and mix to form soft dough.
- Add in 3/4 cup grated cheese and chopped dill pickle and mix until evenly distributed throughout dough.
- Spread dough into prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with remaining grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes before slicing.