Kim and family were coming up again on Sunday for the day. She requested burgers and corn for dinner lol, I made burgers (recipe to follow another day), I bought fresh corn on the cob and I am making 2 salads. I decided on a regular tossed salad and a doctored up coleslaw (recipe for this to follow another day too lol), so I thought I would make a homemade salad dressing for the regular salad… and who doesn’t love ranch dressing??? AND what could be easier than tossing all the ingredients in a mason jar and shaking?
Here are the ingredients to make the ranch dressing.
As I mentioned above I poured/placed all the ingredients into a mason jar and shook until it was fully combined. I wanted to use buttermilk for the recipe but I forgot to buy some…. so I put a tablespoon of lemon juice in the milk to make my own buttermilk!
Homemade Parmesan Ranch Salad Dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (see note)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. dill weed
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour all ingredients into mason jar. NOTE: If you don’t have buttermilk, place 1 tbsp. lemon juice in 1/2 cup milk and stir)
- Shake jar until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Serve with your favourite salad.