Yes, something dill pickle…. again. As I’ve mentioned before, we all love dill pickles and this is just another delicious way we can incorporate it into what we eat lol!
This is a quick and easy, flavourful version of typical coleslaw. I used a bag of the preshredded coleslaw you can get at the grocery store, added some chopped dill pickle and made a sauce using of course, some dill pickle juice in it!
Here is what I used to make it.
In a medium bowl, I mixed together the mayonnaise, dill weed, dill pickle juice, salt and pepper, whisking until smooth.
I put the preshredded coleslaw, chopped dill pickle and sauce in a large freezer bag (I find it easier to mix something like this in a large see through bag)
And then shook and smushed the bag until the coleslaw was evenly coated in sauce. Then I let it chill in the fridge for about a half hour before serving.
And that’s it….. Dill Pickle Coleslaw that we enjoyed with our Sunday family BBQ!
Dill Pickle Coleslaw
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 bag preshredded coleslaw
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp. dill pickle juice
- 2 tsp. dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, dill pickle juice, dill weed and salt and pepper until smooth.
- Pour coleslaw, chopped dill pickles and sauce into a large freezer bag.
- Shake until coleslaw mix is evenly coated in sauce.
- Chill for about a half hour before serving.