Chris has been bugging me for ages to make him some Zucchini bread. I picked a really big zucchini from my garden the other day and it seemed like the perfect opportunity to make a couple of loaves.
Did you like “Vegetable” breads when you were younger? I remember not even tasting carrot cake until I was an adult because I thought it was just a ploy on the side of the adults to get us kids to eat more veggies. The same goes for zucchini bread lol. I wasn’t giving in to the eat more veggies conspiracy!
Here are the ingredients I used to make it. Check out the zucchini I picked from my garden!!!!
The crushed pineapple isn’t in the picture because it was a last minute decision to substitute for some of the oil.
I ran the zucchini through my food processor to grate it…. skin and all.
To start, I mix together the vegetable oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth, before adding the zucchini and crushed pineapple.
I added the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to the zucchini mixture.
And mixed until everything was fully combined into my bread batter.
I divided the batter between 2 parchment paper lined loaf pans.
Baked it at 350 degrees for about 65 minutes…
And let it cool for about 15 minutes in the pan before removing and slicing!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Baking Time: 65 – 75 minutes Servings: 2 loaves
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line loaf pans with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer, mix together sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Add zucchini and crushed pineapple and mix until well blended.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix until well combined.
- Divide between the 2 prepared loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 65 to 75 minutes, until fully cooked and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before removing and slicing.