When I made chicken breasts for dinner the other night I made two extra with the intention of making these chicken quesadillas with them. I personally love quesadillas too so I made one for me with just the veggie portion of them and fed the chicken ones to Chris and Dillon.
I was going to serve them with some sour cream and more salsa but then I remembered I still had some of the salsa and Greek yogurt sauce I made for the Taco Burgers and instead served them with that sauce for dipping the quesadillas and some Taco Spagetti!
Here is everything I used to make the quesadillas.
I began by chopping the green peppers and onions and frying them with the olive oil and garlic powder until they were starting to brown.
While they were cooking I grated the cheese and added the paprika, cumin and chili powder to the shredded chicken and mixed it up.
When the peppers and onions were cooked, I added the spiced shredded chicken and salsa to the frying pan and stirred it in.
I let it cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes to heat through.
I placed the bottom tortillas on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and sprinkled them with grated cheese.
I divided the chicken mixture up between the tortillas.
Sprinkled it with more cheese….
Put the top tortilla on top and added the remaining cheese on the tops.
And baked them at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, until browned and heated through, and cut into quarters for serving.
I added a bowl of the sauce from the Taco Burgers for dipping and served them with taco spagetti!
Baked Chicken Quesadillas
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Baking Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4 quesadillas
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken breasts
- 4 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup green peppers, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 2 cups grated old cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add chopped onions and peppers to frying pan with olive oil and garlic powder.
- Cook until they start to brown.
- Mix paprika, chili powder and cumin into shredded chicken and stir well to combine.
- Add chicken and salsa to frying pan with onions and peppers.
- Stir and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until heated through.
- Place bottom tortillas onto prepared baking sheets and sprinkle with about 1/4 cup cheese.
- Spread chicken mixture over top of the cheese.
- Top with more cheese, about 1 cup and place top tortilla on top.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on the tops of the quesadillas.
- Bake at 350 degrees until heated through and edges are starting brown.
- Remove from heat and cut into quarters to serve.