Let me start by saying that Chris is on holidays, halfway through, and he has thrown my schedule off lol…. so I am blaming him for the lack of or tardiness of my posts! Sorry Chris!
Okay….until last week I had really only used my air fryer to make fries even though I know they are capable of much more….. so I decided it was time to try something different. I chose chicken wings. Chris LOVES chicken wings, Dillon eats them but he isn’t the fanatic that Chris is.
I have to say, these did turn out really well and they were thoroughly enjoyed! I served them with pizza made with the Pizza Hut Crust recipe I posted a few weeks ago!
There are not many ingredients for this recipe…. chicken wings, butter or margarine and hot sauce. I only had the “Extra” hot sauce on hand so that’s what I used.
The wings I bought came already split and ready to cook so I didn’t have to do anything to them. If yours don’t come prepared this way you will need to split and cutting off the tips of the wings.
I melted the first amount of margarine in the microwave on high heat, it took about 30 seconds and then added the 1/2 cup of hot sauce whisking until blended.
I put the wings in a large freezer bag and then poured the butter/hot sauce mixture in the bag and smushed it around until they were all coated.
I put them in the air fryer basket and cooked them at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, stopping the fryer and shaking the wings every 10 minutes to ensure they were evenly cooked.
While they were cooking, I melted the second amount of margarine and whisked in the 1/3 cup of hot sauce until smooth and kept it warm until the wings were cooked.
I removed the cooked, crispy wings from the air fryer basket to a plastic bowl with a lid, added the warm margarine/hot sauce mixture and shook the bowl until the wings were evenly coated with the second batch of sauce before serving!
Crispy Buffalo wings from the air fryer! I served them with pizza made with the Pizza Hut crust recipe!
Air Fryer – Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings
Preparation Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
- 2 lbs. chicken wings
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 3 tbsp. butter/margarine
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 2 tbsp. butter/margarine
- Preheat air fryer at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Prepare wings if necessary.
- In microwave safe bowl, melt first amount of margarine.
- Add first amount of hot sauce and whisk until blended.
- Place wings in large freezer bag and pour butter/hot sauce mixture in bag. Shake bag until wings are evenly coated.
- Pour wings into preheated air fryer basket.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, stopping air fryer and shaking basket for even cooking every 10 minutes.
- Melt second amount of margarine and whisk in hot sauce.
- Remove cooked wings from basket to plastic bowl with lid.
- Add second amount of butter’/hot sauce mixture to bowl and shake until wings are coated with sauce.
- Serve with your favourite pizza or veggie sticks.