I wanted to try some kind of potatoes in the air fryer… other than French fries. Who doesn’t love garlic and parmesan? And on potatoes no less? We love fried potatoes but since they are not all that healthy we don’t eat them too often.
Here is a way we can add them a little more often without all the fat used when frying them the conventional way!
Here are my ingredients.
I began by cutting the potatoes into cubes and letting them sit in cold water for about 30 minutes.
After the 30 minutes, I removed them from the water and placed them on paper towels to dry them thoroughly before placing them in a large bowl.
I mixed together the remaining ingredients, poured it into the potatoes and mixed until the potatoes were fully coated.
I put them in the bowl of my preheated air fryer and cooked them at 400 degrees for about 20 – 30 minutes until they were cooked through and the outsides were nice and crispy, stopping the air fryer and shaking potatoes to ensure even cooking every 10 minutes!
Yum! A little bit healthier fried Potatoes, Garlic & Parmesan “Air Fryer” Potatoes!!!
Garlic & Parmesan “Air Fryer” Potatoes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 20 – 30 minutes Servings: 4
- 2 – 3 lbs. potatoes
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. butter/margarine, melted
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- 2 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Cube potatoes and let sit in cold water for about 30 minutes.
- Drain and dry thoroughly after the 30 minutes.
- Place potatoes in large bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Stir until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Pour into air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees for about 20 – 30 minutes, until potatoes are cooked through and outsides are crispy, stopping air fryer every 10 minutes to shake potatoes.
- Serve immediately.