Even though these don’t have a very appetizing name… just picture chocolate and peanut butter… yes, more peanut butter… covered rice crispy cereal tossed in icing sugar when set! A quick easy way to get your chocolate, chocolate/peanut butter fix!
Here are the ingredients… all 4 of them!!!
I started by putting the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe medium sized bowl and microwaving it on high heat until smooth and melted, about 2 minutes.
I poured this mixture into the bowl with the rice crispy cereal and mixed until the cereal was evenly coated with the chocolate/peanut butter mixture.
Then dropped the mixture by the tablespoonful onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets before placing the pans in the fridge to allow the cookies to set before moving on to the next and final step before we could eat them!
Once fully set, I placed the cookies a few at a time into a bag with 1/2 cup icing sugar and shook the bag to fully coat the cookies.
And that’s it… they are ready to enjoy!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Chilling Time: about 1 hour Servings: 30 cookies
- 4 cups rice crispy cereal
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In medium sized microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter until smooth and melted. About 2 minutes.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture over rice crispy cereal in bowl.
- Stir until cereal is fully coated.
- Drop by the tablespoonful onto prepared cookie sheets
- Chill in fridge for about 1 hour, until set.
- Place cookies, a few at a time, into large freezer bag with icing sugar, shaking until cookies are well coated.