This week was mine and Chris’ 10th wedding anniversary. This of course warranted a special dessert for that night. I knew I had a few boxes of dark chocolate Baker’s chocolate so I asked Dillon to stop to get me some whipping cream and made this delicious, creamy, chocolate dessert to celebrate!
This is a surprisingly easy but rich tasting, special occasion dessert!
Here are my ingredients.
I started by prebaking the pie shell and then starting the filling while it was baking.
I poured the whipping cream into a large, microwave safe measuring cup and cooked it on high heat for about 3 minutes until it was just about at the boiling point.
I broke up the bakers chocolate and added it to a large bowl with the butter/margarine, then poured the heated whipping cream over top.
I covered the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit, covered, for about 5 minutes.
I removed the plastic and whisked the mixture until the chocolate was melted and the mixture was smooth.
I poured the chocolate mixture into the cooked pie shell before drizzling it with the caramel sauce and sea salt.
I let it chill in the fridge for about 4 hours before cutting it into slices and drizzling a little bit more caramel sauce over to serve!
Chocolate Ganache Tart with Salt and Caramel Topping
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 5 minutes + pie crust baking Servings: 8 – 10
- pie crust (can also use cookie crust, pretzel crust, graham crust)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 boxes dark chocolate bakers chocolate
- 4 tbsp. butter/margarine
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce + more to drizzle
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Prepare pie crust.
- Break up bakers chocolate into large bowl and add butter/margarine.
- In large measuring cup, microwave whipping cream on high heat until it almost reaches a boil.
- Pour whipping cream into bowl with chocolate and butter/margarine.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle sea salt over the top.
- Chill in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into slices and drizzle additional caramel sauce over top (optional)