Yes, another Instapot recipe…. I’m sorry lol. I have a new toy to play with and I have been doing exactly that! This time it is a recipe for Lemon Garlic Chicken. I think I could have “seared” the chicken a bit more but it was certainly cooked through and thoroughly enjoyed by “the boys!” Lesson learned on the searing part.
Here are the ingredients I used to make it.
I began by sprinkling salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika on the chicken thighs.
I added olive oil to the bowl of the Instapot and seared the chicken breasts on each side.
I removed the chicken thighs to a plate and then melted butter and stirred in the onions and garlic until the onion started to soften before adding the lemon juice to “deglaze” the pot.
Next came the broth, Italian seasoning and the grated lemon rind.
I placed the chicken back in the bowl/pot and cooked it on Pressure Cook for 8 minutes and let the Instapot naturally release for about 2 minutes before releasing the rest of the steam.
I removed the chicken thighs from the pan, added the heavy cream (whisking until slightly thickened), placed the chicken on a bed of rice and spooned some of the “sauce” over both…. adding a few lemon slices and parsley as garnish.
Lemon Garlic Chicken (in the Instapot)
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 8 minutes Servings: 2 – 4
- 6-8 boneless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. butter/margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- zest from half a lemon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika on the chicken thighs.
- Using the Sauté function, add olive oil to the bowl of the Instapot and sear the chicken breasts on each side, remove to plate.
- Melt the butter in the pot and stir in the onions and garlic, cooking on Sauté function until the onion started to soften.
- Add the lemon juice to “deglaze” the pot.
- Add the broth, Italian seasoning and the grated lemon rind and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pot, set the vent to seal and using Pressure Cook, set a timer for 8 minutes.
- Let Instapot naturally release for 2 minutes before manually releasing the rest of the steam by using a spatula to switch vent to venting.
- Remove chicken breasts ( you can keep it warm in the oven) and add heavy cream, stirring until slightly thickened.
- Place chicken thighs on a bed of rice, spoon sauce over both, garnish with lemon slices and parsley flakes.