This recipe is for a 4 ingredient, easy to make bread that I did to have with dinner the other night. For such a simple recipe, Chris said it is one of the best loaves of bread I have made yet… even better than the Pretzel Bread that we pretty much devoured lol! Obviously I will continue making this one on a regular basis!
These are the ingredients I used to make the bread. Just 4 ingredients!
I added the warm water and yeast to the bowl of my stand mixer and let it stand for about 5 minutes, until the yeast was starting to foam.
I added the flour and salt to the bowl….
And mixed it until all the ingredients were fully mixed… no kneading!!!
I covered the bowl with a tea towel and set it in a warm place to rise for 2 hours.
I removed it from the bowl and added it to a long loaf pan.
I let it rise again for about another 40 minutes and then cut a few slits in the top. It is a very sticky dough so be prepared to flour your hands when working with it.
I baked it at 450 degrees for about 25 minutes and then brushed the top with melted butter as soon as it came out of the oven.
And then cut it into nice thick slices for dinner!
Easy Crusty Bread
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Rising Time: 2 hours 40 minutes Baking Time: 25 minutes Servings: 1 loaf
- 1 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp. yeast
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. butter/margarine, optional
- Line large loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add warm water and yeast to bowl of stand mixer and let stand for about 5 minutes until yeast starts to foam.
- Add flour and salt and mix until fully combined. Dough will be sticky.
- Cover with a tea towel and let sit in a warm place to rise for 2 hours.
- Remove from bowl (with floured hands) and place in parchment paper lined loaf pan.
- Let rise for an additional 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut slits in top of loaf.
- Bake at 40 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- Slice and serve