I know I’ve said before I am not fond of non yeast breads but this IS one recipe I have been making for years. It almost tastes like those cheese biscuits served at a certain seafood restaurant but in bread for. And you can make it at home where you don’t have to feel like everyone is staring at you while you gorge yourself lol!
(I haven’t sliced it yet but will update picture once I do slice it)
Here are my ingredients
In the bowl of my stand mixer, I mixed together the melted butter/margarine, egg, sour cream and milk.
Next I added 2 cups of flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne.
I put the grated cheese in a large freezer bag with the last cup of flour and shook it to coat the cheese in flour so it doesn’t sink to the bottom of the loaf.
I added the flour coated cheese to the bowl.
And mixed until it was just combined, do not over mix.
I poured it into my parchment paper lined loaf pan.
And baked it at 350 degrees for about 50 -60 minutes, until it was a nice golden brown and it was cooked through, before slicing and serving it. (I don’t have a picture yet of it sliced because we ended up having takeout last night instead of cooking)
Cheesy No Yeast Quick Bread
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Baking Time: 50 – 60 minutes Servings: 1 loaf
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp.cayenne pepper
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp. butter/margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer, blend together milk, sour cream, butter/margarine and egg.
- In a large freezer bag add grated cheese and 1 cup flour, shake bag until cheese is fully coated.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne pepper and coated cheese to bowl.
- Blend until just mixed, do not over mix.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 – 60 minutes, until browned on top and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before slicing and serving.