Everyone in this household loves peanut butter cookies…. even Dillon… who for some reason doesn’t generally like peanut butter. I don’t think he’s had a peanut butter sandwich since he was in his early school days… but peanut butter cookies he will devour… go figure!
What could be better than a fresh batch of peanut butter cookies? How about adding some chocolate chips into the mix???
Okay, here are my ingredients… except for… wait for it… the flipping Peanut Butter lol. How do you take an ingredients picture without the peanut butter??? Embarrassing!
To start, cream together the butter/margarine and brown sugar until creamy.
Add the eggs and mix it for about a minute until smooth.
Add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix until creamy and fully combined.
And finally add the flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips and mix to combine.
I spooned it onto my parchment paper lined baking sheets by the tablespoonful.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, until the edges are starting to brown.
Allow to cool about 8 minutes and then remove to plate.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Baking Time: 12 – 15 minutes Servings: 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter/margarine, slightly softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp, baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking pans with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream together butter/margarine and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and mix for one minute until smooth.
- Add in peanut butter and mix until creamy.
- Pour in flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips and mix until fully combined.
- Drop by the tablespoonful onto prepared baking pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 – 15 minutes, until edges are starting to brown.
- Allow to cool on pans for about 8 minutes before removing to plate.