With emotion still running pretty high in our household, dinner had to be something quick and easy to make. I had taken some ground beef out to thaw the day before but ended up making some Potato Soup instead so I had to come up with something to do with it. I knew I had taco seasoning in the cupboard and crescent rolls in the fridge so this is what I came up with.
It got rave reviews from everyone and with only two of them eating it I have enough to freeze for another meal!!! Always a bonus!
This is what I used to make it. I did however only end up using one can of crescent rolls to make it, not the two I originally thought I would need.
I browned the ground beef in the microwave on high heat until it was cooked through and the juices ran clear and then drained it.
I added the taco seasoning, water, salsa, corn and green onions….
And mixed it all up.
I spread it into a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
Topped it with 1 cup of grated cheese….
Placed the crescent rolls across the top (I left them in large rectangles to cover the top) and then the remaining grated cheese.
I baked it at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, until the top was browned, the cheese had melted and it was heated through.
Then cut it into squares and served it for dinner with a nice crusty bread and salad!
Quick & Easy Crescent Roll Taco Bake
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Baking Time: 25 minutes Servings: 4 – 6
- 2 lbs. extra lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 2 cups of grated cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Brown ground beef in large bowl in microwave on high heat until fully cooked and juices run clear. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning, water, salsa, corn and chopped green onion to ground beef and stir to combine.
- Pour ground beef mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Top with 1 cup grated cheese.
- Place crescent roll dough across the top of the cheese and beef. I separated the dough into two large rectangles.
- Sprinkle with remaining grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, until top is browned, cheese is melted and it is heated through.
- Cut into squares and serve.