Here is another easy homemade burger recipe. I have been having fun experimenting with different combinations since I got the Patty Press at Christmas. There are just so many different ways to make a burger…. what type of meat, cheese, all the add ins… the possibilities are endless! This is just one of the combinations I made for dinner the other night!
I served them with some crinkled dollar chips I made in the air fryer!
Here are my ingredients… minus the buns, Tzatziki sauce and what I put on the buns when I toasted them. I have found that toasting the buns with butter and garlic before adding the burger patty adds another layer to a delicious burger!
I put all the pictured ingredients in a large bowl….
Mixed it together by fork and by hand until it was well blended and then divided the meat mixture evenly into 8 balls.
I used my patty press and shaped the meat mixture balls into hamburger patties and froze them until I was ready for them to be cooked. I have found having them even a little bit frozen helps the burgers maintain their size and stay together.
We BBQed them over medium high heat for about 10 + minutes per side, until they were cooked all the way through. Yum! You can see the hunks of crumbled feta in them!
While the burgers were cooking, I spread the hamburger buns with butter/margarine and then sprinkled garlic powder on them before placing them in a 350 degree oven to toast them… about 8 minutes.
All I had to do now was to spread the Tzatziki sauce on the buns and place the burger patties on top and we had some delicious Feta & Garlic burgers with crinkled dollar chips made in the air fryer!
Feta & Garlic Burgers
Preparation Time: 5 minutes Grilling Time: 20+ minutes Servings: 8 patties
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. parsley flakes
- ground black pepper to taste
- tzatziki sauce, optional
- Buns, and butter/margarine and garlic powder for buns, optional
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for burgers.
- Mix until very well combined.
- Divide meat mixture into 8 even balls.
- Shape balls into patties and freeze until ready to grill.
- Grill over medium heat for 10+ minutes, until cooked all the way through.
- Optional: Spread buns with butter/margarine and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes to toast.
- Spread with tzatziki sauce and place burger patties on top.
- Close bun and enjoy!